Weddings are truly special at Elmhirst's Resort
Your wedding at Elmhirst’s Resort will truly be a once-in-a-lifetime occasion as we ensure your special day is seamless. When you and your guests arrive, your only concern should be having fun…we take care of the rest.
The view from the waterfront boardwalk offers a beautiful setting for your ceremony or reception; the gardens entice your guests to stroll and enjoy nature. Both settings provide wonderful backdrops for your wedding photos.
Add a horse drawn carriage ride or a cruise in summer to make the day unique.
“We had a fabulous wedding. The scenery was gorgeous, the cottage comfortable and clean, the rehearsal BBQ delicious and the wedding dinner spectacular! You were so organized and accommodating!”
Dinner is a time for hosting your guests to a fine meal, wine accompaniments and perhaps a dessert wine. Prior to your wedding day you will meet with our Chef to design your menu; walk through the formalities and the flow of your day with our Wedding Specialist and become comfortable with all your wedding arrangements.
Elmhirst’s Resort welcomes weddings, renewal of vows and anniversaries, year round. Fall celebrations enjoy a colourful foliage background while winter weddings are filled with a wonderland of whites, lights, and romantic snow-kissed scenes. The gardens are perfect for summer affairs. We want your wedding to be a day to remember…forever!
“The specialty drinks for the bridal party was a nice touch for the photos. We had a perfect wedding – and our guests were very happy with the accommodations, boat ride, food, and of course the great scenery.”
We invite you to visit the resort and picture yourself getting married on the grounds. We are delighted to tour you through the various options available on site and design your special day to suit your personality. Luncheons, Brunches, weekends and something different are options for you to consider. Choose the season and the venue that works for you – year round.
The Elmhirst Experience:
- Ceremonies and receptions on the boardwalk overlooking the lake or in the greenhouse
- Summer gardens and fall foliage for photos
- Fine dining reputation and wine cellar on site
- Horse drawn wedding carriage, floatplane flight or horse drawn sleigh for a grand entrance
- On-site Wedding Specialist
- Attentive service and attention to detail
- Elmhirst’s Resort offers limited cottage accommodation for bridal parties and out of town guests. Contact Reservations at 1-800-461-1940 or locally 295-4591
- Free Spirit Air Adventures available for fly-in or after-ceremony flights.
- The SPA @ Elmhirst’s offers special pamper packages – including lunch – for bridal parties and moms.
- Wine and alcohol must be purchased on site as Elmhirst’s Resort is a licensed establishment. All food is provided by the Resort.
- Host bar or Cash bar estimates available.
- Musical entertainment is subject to a SOCAN fee.
- Wedding groups up to 120 accepted.
- Second marriages, same-sex marriages, receptions for out of country marriages, renewal of vows and anniversary celebrations welcome!
- Ceremonies on the boardwalk or in the greenhouse (chair rental, set up and non-alcoholic punch) $8 pp inclusive*
- Dinners (including room for reception/dance and dining, 3 course plated meal or buffet) $80 pp inclusive* Click here to read menus.
- Late Night Buffet $23 pp inclusive*
Coffee/Tea/Wedding Cake service $8 pp inclusive*
Book now for February 2016 and take advantage of our Winter Wonderland Wedding special.
Easy to book options for every budget. Simply tell us how many guests you wish to invite and we’ll package the day for you with one inclusive* rate including 13% HST and 15% service charge. No calculator required!
Call our Wedding Co-ordinator Stephen Elmhirst at (705) 760-0738 or toll free 1-800-461-1940.
Rates subject to change
Please refer to www.peterboroughweddingplanner.com for details on planning in general.
Dear Elmhirst’s Resort,
Our family hosted our youngest daughter’s wedding in July 2015 after a
year of planning with the help of the staff, specifically Steve Elmhirst, at Elmhirst’s Resort, Rice Lake, Ontario.
This resort did not disappoint us at all.
The service, accommodations,
water activities, daily programs, etc. were excellent. The staff prepared a guest BBQ, wedding meal and Sunday brunch. Some of the food items come from their on site garden and pasture. Each meal was exceptional and is
definitely recommended. The wine cellar with wine tasting was
professionally well done … With great wines!
Overall, a superb location for family and friends to meet and enjoy the
amenities of this resort for all and special occasions.